Bookmark this page
People leave their home country and immigrate to a foreign country for a variety of reasons. These include
1. Higher education - for college or post graduate studies in a foreign country, especially when the home country does not offer suitable educational facilities
2. For better career prospects - to get a better, higher paying job in a foreign country
3. To escape persecution and harassment - in some countries there is little room for merit, the privileged elite is extremely ruthless in destroying the life and career of anyone who may pose a threat to them or the status quo. For this they often waste huge amounts of tax payer money to ruin the life of an innocent person, and immigration is often the only option available.
4. For personal reasons, like living with friends, family members
5. Health reasons - less pollution, stress free lifestyle
Depending on the reason for immigration, the type of immigrant visa, procedure for immigration and terms and conditions greatly vary.
In some cases, people migrate because they are tired of the high levels of corruption and nepotism in . In the movie Rustom based on the famous Nanavati case, after Commander Rustom Pavri, who is accused of murdering his wife's lover Vikram Makhija (prem ahuja) is freed , he and his wife immediately migrated to Canada,as his wifes lover was allegedly involved in some shady defence contracts, procuring defective aircraft carriers for the navy, In real life also Commander Nanavati resigned from the Indian Navy and migrated to Canada with his wife and children within a month of being freed, knowing that it is extremely difficult to fight the extremely corrupt system in India.